CBD oil or cannabidiol has been making buzz since the medical community revealed its potential for seizure treatment. People diagnosed with epilepsy went as far as migrating to another state or country just to receive the alternative medication of CBD oil.
In today’s topic, we’ll discuss the different effects and benefits of CBD oil for seizure. Before we get into that, let’s lay down some facts about seizure and epilepsy first.
What is a Seizure?
A seizure is an abnormal neurological event where the victim experiences a temporary loss of motor control. It can be associated with other symptoms like temporary loss of consciousness, change in behavior, change in mood, and more.
A seizure is the main symptom of epilepsy, but it can be a symptom of some medical conditions too. There are two types of seizures. The first type is called the focal seizure. The focal seizure happens in a particular part of the brain, and the attacks can have minimal symptoms.
The second type of seizure is generalized seizures. A generalized seizure can happen all at the same time at the different parts of the brain. The symptoms of a generalized seizure can sometimes be so severe that the victim can blackout during the attack.
Is it important to have treatment at the onset of a seizure attack? It’s important to undergo treatment if you are diagnosed with epilepsy regardless if you have the symptoms of a seizure or not.
The late treatment of seizure and epilepsy have some unwanted consequences. For example, if a seizure is treated late, the treatment process can become difficult than it’s supposed to be. Another reason to treat your seizure early on is you might be given large medicinal doses. This can render complications in your body’s organs in the long run.
What are The Benefits and Effects of CBD Oil for Seizure Treatment?
Below are some of the benefits and effects that CBD oil renders for seizure treatment:
- Cannabinoids act like endocannabinoids. Like endocannabinoids, CBD oil can relax the muscle, reduce pain, stabilize emotions, and control motor skills. All of which is necessary for better seizure control.
- Studies tell us that CBD oil helps in reducing the frequency of seizure attacks (Nunley, 2016).
- Studies tell us that CBD oil can help reduce the intensity of seizure attacks (Thompson, 2018).
- Clinical trials demonstrated the potential of CBD oil to cure seizure attacks in both long-term and short-term relief.
- CBD oil is biocompatible (Editorial Staff, 2018). This means CBD oil has no to little ability to damage any human cell. Studies tell us that CBD oil can’t harm any organs or human tissues even if it is used for a very long time.
It’s a relief to know that after all this time, we finally have an alternative herbal medicine for seizure. CBD oil has proven its medical potential for controlling seizure, and it’s time for people to have an open mind about new medical alternatives such as this. Try CBD oil now and see for yourself the difference.
1) Nunley, K. (2016) Seizure Frequency and Severity Reduced by CBD Oil, Study Finds. Available at:
2) Thompson, D. (2018) Low Dose of CBD Liquid Eases Epilepsy Seizures. Available at:
3) Editorial Staff. (2018) What Are The CBD Oil Benefits for Epilepsy? Available at: